April 1, 2020
The Plamondon Co-op Team would like to provide our members and our community an update on the status of our operations and how we are supporting our communities and employees during this time. We have taken a pro-active response to the challenges the Covid 19 pandemic has created. We have implemented many changes and protocols in the past few weeks and will continue to make modifications to our operations to slow the spread and minimize the risk to our Team and our Community.
We are continuously amazed at the dedication and strength our Teams are showing during this challenging time. We are blessed and privileged to work with this great Team day in and day out with their ability to adapt as we provide essential services to our community. Our hats off to them. Great job!
Thank you, our members and guests, for co-operating with us in these changes and helping us serve you by respecting the restrictions and limits we put in place. We are continuously assessing the situation and will be making more changes as needed in the coming weeks and months.
To date, we have implemented the following:
• Limits on our high-demand products and limiting the number of Shoppers in our Food Store and Hardware & Agro Location to encourage Social Distancing.
• Offering FREE delivery to homes within 20 km of Plamondon and offering Curbside Pick Up
• Scheduling additional staff to replenish our shelves as quick as possible as well as enhanced cleaning and sanitization throughout the day.
• Social Distancing lines installed to remind customers to keep a safe distance from one another.
• Closing our Admin Department to the General Public EFFECTIVE MONDAY APRIL 6, 2020. Please call 780-798-3766 to discuss alternative payment options for credit accounts to reduce face-to-face contact.
• Self-Serve food Stations CLOSED in all locations: coffee, hot chocolate, Slushees, soup, popcorn, and hotdogs.
• Temporary suspension of our Reusable Bag Program. We stopped charging for single use bags.
• Support for our Team members who are unwell and/or have cold/flu-like symptoms to remain at home until such time that they are cleared to return to work.
• Cancellation of all upcoming Co-op events and in-store programing: postponing Annual General Meeting to a future date, participation in the Grassland Ag Trade Show, temporarily suspending Taste Testing Thursday.
We are looking at Limiting hours of operation in all locations to allow our team members to rest and restock our shelves. The change in hours also allows more time to clean and sanitize our stores.
These are unprecedented times. I want you to know the Plamondon Co-op Team is working tirelessly for our communities, member owners, and employees, ensuring we are providing you with the products and services you need
during these uncertain times.